Thursday, June 3, 2010

Our Piece of Heaven

Many years ago, my father's parents bought a lake cottage on an inland lake in Michigan. Today, my parents are kind enough to allow Bobby and I to come and go as we please and we spend most of our days off at the lake.

After many hours of working, we are FINALLY at a point where we can enjoy the days with only a few projects here and there. I LOVE this place. I love the sounds, the smells and the feeling that I can relax and be myself with no one to critique me. We are very lucky to have the opportunity to spend time in a place like this.

The view from the end of the lake on the pontoon .


Our Blue Heron



On nice days there are turtles everywhere! As we were going around the lake on the pontoon, Bobby noticed this and if he wouldn't have said anything I would have missed the two turtles sunning themselves on the cradle area of the lift.

Growing up, I used to think that pontoon boat rides were very boring. Sometimes, if I begged enough, my dad would take us through this "special area" (well I thought it was!). It is a portion of the lake that is considered to be wetlands and there is a channel that allows the people access to the lake. As we would travel through this path, shore on one side and weeds/land on the other, we would always see interesting things: large fish, birds nesting and I even saw a deer among the weeds a few years ago. Here are just a few of the beautiful things I saw on our latest ride:




This may not be an area I am excited about swimming in but sitting on the boat and listening to the animals is wonderful!


























No comments:

Post a Comment