Sunday, June 13, 2010

Another great weekend

Bobby and I had another great weekend at the lake. For the most part the weather was nice. A few days it started off overcast but then it cleared up nicely. We decided to take the kids (they are not good car riders) this weekend. Sophie only cried for half the drive (30 minutes) and Lucky threw up on M40- he just can't take the hills. But once we got there they made themselves at home.

Lucky, for the most part, did not move at all over the 4 days. He took up residence on the cot so he could see the bird feeders and stayed there.



And my little hunter? Well, I couldn't figure out why she wasn't eating, or I should say, why I didn't see her at the food bowl. I figured it out when I noticed she was catching and eating bugs. I actually saw her catch a moth in mid air- yep, she's that good.

Thursday we invited our co-workers to spend the day at the lake. I had so much fun!! (I think the kids might have had a good time too) Bobby took the kids tubing, the jet ski was out and Goodman and Lisa even fished. It was fun, we are going to have to do it again before the summer is over.

Today my parents came up and spent the afternoon with us. Dad, Bobby and I fished at the end of the pier and, for once, I did not take home the prize for the largest catch. Dad ended up with an amazing 22 fish! I had 4, including a super small Rock Bass and, well, Bobby didn't catch anything. :-( Oh well, there's always next time. Sorry Bobby- shouldn't have been so obsessed with catching the catfish under the pier. But thank you oh great and wonderful husband for, not only taking my fish off the hook but also putting the worm on so I did not feel guilty about killing it. But for future reference the red wigglers that my dad used today worked much better than the night crawlers we were using. 22 to 4, need I say anything else?

1 comment:

  1. I feel ya on the fish/bait/hook thing :/ YUCK! But I give you credit for fishing! You are just so much more nature friendly than me... :) And thats def. a good thing!

    ReplyDelete