Sunday, January 9, 2011

A Winter Wonderland

According to WNDU, the airport reports that since Thursday, we have received 38.6 inches of snow. Before I left from work on Saturday morning, I cleaned off my car (6:30). As I went to leave at 7, I had to do it again. When I got home from work Saturday morning I had to wade through the snow that was mid calf. CRAZY!

So yesterday afternoon, Bobby and I went over to his parents to pick up the snow blower. As we were driving through the city of South Bend, I was really surprised to see so many people out walking around in the street. I guess I think that if the sidewalks are not clear and have that much snow on them, I probably wouldn't go out in the snow. But hey, that's me.

The main roads were pretty clear but the side roads were not. People were driving on the side streets down the center of the road, trying to stay in the ruts, and when we would meet on the road they were not very quick to get over.
After we left his parents we went over to his grandma's to dig her out. It was amazing to see all the snow that had fallen. Bobby said that he had been there the night before and used the snow blower to try to get ahead of the snowfall. Hard to believe from the picture.

Right now the snow has stopped and the sun [was] shining. Hopefully we are done with the snow for a bit- when is spring?

No comments:

Post a Comment