Sunday, August 1, 2010

3 Years Since the First Beer

Today is the 3rd anniversary of the first beer Bobby and I shared together. Wednesday, August 1, 2007, while I was on my way home from mowing the yard at the lake, Bobby called me to talk and we decided to meet up at Mr. G's Bar in Osceola. We sat and talked for a few hours, drinking beer, talking and eating Tootsie Rolls. It was truly the beginning of our relationship, even if we were just friends. I remember that when we said we were going to leave we stood at the back of my Pontiac and continued talking. I think we stood there for another hour, just not ready to say goodbye. I made a promise that evening that when I came back from my dive trip to Canada that I would take him out for his birthday. Unfortunately, I forgot when I returned and never did call him to go out out and celebrate, but I think I made up for it when I called him a few nights later to go to Giannetto's, which has become one of our favorite places to eat.

August is a special month for us. Our beers, the Perseide shower on the 12th at Lake Michigan and Mojito night (ask me sometime why I can't drink them anymore- Yuck!) are all memorable events that happened in our relationship. It's funny how a single event can change our entire lives. Love is something that happens when you are not looking for it. And I will never say this again, but, I'm glad Bobby didn't listen to my advice 3 years ago. If he had, our lives would be completely different and I can't imagine my life without him.

No comments:

Post a Comment