Friday, July 30, 2010

What Happened to July???

It's hard to believe that August is here! Where has the time gone? I feel like it should still be 2009 and here we are in August 2010. The spring/summer always go so fast. Seems like we dread the snow and the cold, which seem to linger, but the summer just slips away.

After we were in the emergency room with Bobby's toe injury, he was off work for a round (3 days no work), lucky him. Then we were both on vacation for 13 days (one of the several perks to our schedule- take off 3 work days and get 13 days off).

we had planned to spend the vacation at the lake painting the cottage. I know, it really doesn't sound like much fun but we were both really excited to do something different to the cottage. We decided (with the ok of my parents) to paint the cottage yellow with white trim and red shutters. (I will post pics soon) It is VERY cute (even though it's not done). Oh yeah, nothing seemed to go right. The power washer didn't take off as much old stuff as planned so we had to scrape A LOT. Then we found several trim boards that were rotten. So those had to come off and be replaced. And I can't forget the high humidity and several days of rain, so we had to wait for the house to dry before we could paint.

Once we started painting it went really quickly. We bought a paint sprayer and it was AMAZING!!! Anyway, the house is really cute and not white any more (it has been white for as long as I can remember).

Oh, and then there was the other emergency room visit to Three Rivers ER because Bobby was having problems with his right leg- broken toe leg. I was worried and made him get it checked. I think I am going to write a book about Michiana ER's, eh, maybe it will just be a picture book.

On a sad note, today we attended a funeral of a longtime family friend of both our families. John was a great man who was caring and always had a joke to tell. He will be greatly missed.

p.s. This was the first lunchon/wake that I have attended that had an open bar. He would have loved it.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry for you loss. It seems that you are keeping busy this summer. Missing you and Bobbie and I really could use a Fiddler's night. I cannot wait to see the pictures of the cottage it sounds beautiful.

    ReplyDelete