Sunday, July 19, 2009

School Days

Last week I met with my advisor at IUSB and received some GREAT news: I only have 7 classes to take and I can graduate with my Bachelors! While this might not seem special to many people, my graduation has been 10 years in the making. Five schools (excluding paramedic school) and countless majors later I will have a degree in History with a minor in Anthropology. Now, many people have asked, "So, what are you going to do with that?" Well, that's a great question. I would really like to get my Masters or PhD but there are few schools in the area that have a history program. And there's Notre Dame but they have made it very clear that NO IUSB student would be accepted into a graduate program. So, it's a wait and see thing but I am super excited at the thought of walking in the Spring!

2 comments:

  1. hahaha...this is just like the convo we just had! Guess you should have told me to read your blog and then call you back!
    And it so does not matter how long it takes you to get that degree! It has been something you have worked very hard on, and if it would have taken you 20 years, we would still be just as proud!
    **Mama loves you**

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am SO SO SO Proud of you!!! This is your last year baby!!! Look at you!! Such a Bright Shining Star - with all your dreams coming true!! I only wish we lived closer so we could share these experiences a little more! Graduation is right around the corner!! ♥

    ReplyDelete