Sunday, June 21, 2009

Let's get some chocolate and get outta here!

So, I wrote this on Sunday, but we got so busy at work I couldn't post my pictures so here they are!

Yesterday, Saturday, Bobby and I went to Bridgman, Michigan, with my cousins Casey and Phil for the 4th annual Lake Michigan Shore Wine Festival on Weko Beach . The sun was shining, it was a bit humid but there was not a cloud in the sky. Although our trip started a little rocky (we were supposed to pick up Casey and Phil at 11:30 and didn't leave the house until 11:30 and we still had to stop at my parents) but it was a relax day with no schedule or specific plans other than to grab lunch and then hit the festival.

We had lunch at Redamak's in New Buffalo, and after we ate, we just HAD to play in the arcade.

The festival itself was a little different from what I expected. We bought the tickets about a week before and I figured that was what we would have to pay for tasting. I was wrong. Each taste of wine was a dollar and then, if you wanted, you could buy a glass for somewhere between $5-$7. If wine wasn't your thing, The Round Barn has a distillery and they were offering two different beers for $5 a glass. After about an hour, we headed down to the beach to relax in the sun since it was such a beautiful day. And, believe it or not, we actually did go swimming. It was pretty cold but once we were in it was tolerable.

On our way home we stopped at this GREAT Italian restaurant in Three Oaks, called Capozio's. It was fantastic! The prices were reasonable, portions were huge and so much flavor! It is definitely someplace we will have to go again soon. What a way to end the day!


Casey and Phil at Redamak's

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like an amazing day. Except I think charging an additional $1 for each wine tasting is a total rip off. I wish we had beaches down here. We've got the most amazing lakes, but no sandy beaches. I miss Redamaks, that place was awesome.

    ReplyDelete