Sunday, June 14, 2009

A Bit About Us



Welcome to our new page! I thought this would be a great way to keep our family and friends updated on the latest with our family.

In a few days, Bobby and I will be celebrating our 2 month anniversary. It is really hard to believe that we have been married for two months! It seems like yesterday he proposed to me on Silver Beach and we started planning for our wedding.

We had a wonderful wedding. After almost burning down the church (how many people can say that?) our reception was fantastic! We both have great families who know how to have a good time so it was very interesting. The photobooth was a hit and we ended up with a great scrapbook of the craziness of everyone.

For those that don't know, Bobby and I met almost 9 years ago in a Basic EMT class. He remembers, I don't. (oops) About 5 years ago, I was stationed at Medic 12 in the county and my ambulance covered his district. We became friends and would see each other on calls and social gatherings and became "MySpace" friends. We both learned that we shared a love of SCUBA diving and always said we should go diving sometime. I was transferred to the city almost two years after I went to Medic 12 and we occasionally sent messages on MySpace.

One day I was unloading a patient at Memorial when I saw Bobby and he said we should get together and go diving. August 1st, 2007, I met up with Bobby at Mr. G's a bar in Osceola. We sat and talked for almost 2 hours. We quickly became friends and began spending more time with each other. We were finally able to dive together on August 8, 2007, at the lake house and it was an interesting experience. We had to hitch a ride with a very nice guy because we were out of air and surfaced almost 1/4 mile away from the house. That would have been a heck of a swim! with all our gear and already being tired from the dive.

Since that day our lives together have continued to be an adventure and I wake up each morning excited to see what is in store.

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad to see you join the blogging club! It's a lot of fun! Your first blog is so sweet and cute. Very good intro for you and McGee!

    ReplyDelete