Wednesday, August 12, 2009

August 12, 2007

Two years ago today, Bobby and I began the adventure that has brought us to where we are today. Following the Rescue Diver class offered by Hart City SCUBA, about 10 p.m., I was headed up to New Buffalo to watch the annual Perseid meteor shower when I decided to call Bobby to see what he was up to. When he told me he was just sitting at home, bored, I suggested that we meet for a beer and then "or you could go to the beach with me" fell out of my mouth. I met him at his parents and he drove up to Silver Beach, not my intended destination but a great choice anyway. We took the back roads, talked and listened to music. It was very relaxing after the stress we both had been experiencing- he let me vent and I let him do the same.

We hit the beach about 11ish and picked a spot to just sit, relax and watch the show. The Perseid Shower is one of the most beautiful meteor showers every year. In 2007, I remember how beautiful the sky was and how nice it was to share it with someone I felt so comfortable with. We had fun- the water was still warm and we walked along the beach and he almost threw me in.

We learned a lot of things that night, like "how many Liz's" it would take to get to a specific point (a new form of measurement), and that Bobby can run faster then me. We also learned a lot about each other including that we liked to spend time with each other.

We left the beach around 12:30 and drove towards South Bend. We took a few detours and he showed me some areas on the west side that were great places to see the shower. I remember we pulled over on the side of the road and it was so clear and beautiful, just then a meteor passed overhead and it was a wonderful sight.

I got home about 3 a.m. and I remember that I told Bobby I would call him at 6 to make sure he was up since he had to work his part-time job that day. He never complained about being tired or staying out that late.

This year the height of the shower falls tonight, and while it's a shame that we have to work, it's nice that we can both look back and remember that great night we shared and how our relationship began.

No comments:

Post a Comment