Tuesday, September 28, 2010

There's Just Something About A Fall Night

After another wonderful dinner at our favorite Three Rivers restaurant, Paisano's, Bobby and I came back to the cottage for a relaxing bonfire. As I walked out to hang up our towels, I took a few minutes to take in the lake at one of it's most peaceful times.

As I looked through the trees above, it looked like I could see almost every star in the clear night sky. The lake was calm, reflecting like glass the house lights from the other side of the lake with the occasional light from a rotating lighthouse across the way. The air was cool- crisp, reminding me that summer has gone and fall is here to stay. The buzzing insects also welcomed the fall with their chirps and noises, drowned out for a brief moment by the howls of a nearby coyote pack. A large, low half-moon appeared just over the trees, deceiving, almost like it was close enough to touch.

All too often we go through life without appreciating the beauty around us. I am thankful I have a place where I can stop to enjoy life- a place where I have peace. I am so thankful that my grandparents found this place so many years ago, and that my parents allow us to use it as much as we do. I appreciate the hard work and sacrifices that have been made so that we can take time here- thank you.

Sent from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment